What is Science Hack Day
Science Hack Day is a three-day event where anyone excited about making weird, silly or serious things with
science comes together in the same physical space to see what they can prototype within 36 consecutive hours.
Designers, developers, artists, scientists and people from any background are welcome to attend – no experience
in science or hacking is necessary, just an insatiable curiosity. The event is organized by volunteers, and
supported via sponsors. SHD India 2019 will be our 4th annual event!
The mission of Science Hack Day is simply to get excited and make things with science! People organically form multidisciplinary teams over the course of a weekend: particle physicists team up with designers, marketers join forces with open source rocket scientists, writers collaborate with molecular biologists, and developers partner with school kids. By collaborating on focused tasks during this short period, small groups of hackers are capable of producing remarkable results.
What happens at SHD India?
who can participate?
SHD-India is NOT just another Hackathon. It is an unconference style event that provides immersive experential
learning environment for knowledge sharing for all age groups - 5 to 105 years :)
It is fully packed with Hands-on Workshops, Lightning Talks, Science Demos, Hacking Activities, Art and Architectural Installations, Science Show, Fun Games, Stargazing, Camp Fire and many more...In short SHD India is a fusion of Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths, Arts, Architecture, Design with passion, curiosity and creative collaboration.
There is something for everyone
For School Kids (Age group 5-12 years)
- Science Demos, Aero-show, Drones, Fun Games, Rocket Launching, Hands-on Science and maths activities, Paper Circuits, 3D Pens etc..
For Young Scientists (5th to 12th std)
- Hands on workshops
- Science toys (Faraday Box - Fun with Electromagnetism)
- Electronics and Soldering - learn basics of electronics with a cool SHD Electronics Box
- Science and maths demos, Informative sessions, 3D Printing etc
For BSc and Engineering Students and Physics/Electronics Teachers
- Hands on workshops
- Python 101 - Learn Python programming language basics
- Python for Young Engineers and Scientists - with ExpEYES An Open Source Science Lab
- KuttyPy Connect to the outside world using Python -Microcontrollers for beginners
For Highschool/Pre-University Teams
- Competitive events leading to SHD India Jr Hackers Championship Award
- Capture the flag
- STEAM Games
- Science Demo
- SHD India Challenge.
- Note: To be a part of this competition each students must buy either workshop ticket or hackers ticket.
For Science Lovers and Hackers
- Volunteer - Be SHD ambassadors, help hackers and actively engage young kids in various activities
- Mentor - Help us conduct workshops or Propose your own hack idea and bring it to reality with a curious team of hackers
- SHD Hacker - Join hacking teams, learn, share knowledge and have fun. We have planned many activities for you...
Sankalp Bhoomi Farm Resort, Belgaum, Karnataka
Sankalpbhoomi -The farm resort, totally in tune with nature in its rustic uncorrupted state, stands testimony to saving nature. It was once an abandoned quarry, today natures glory restored. The resort resembles an enchanting oasis, with a thick set of trees, sprawling lawns, and a large lagoon surrounded by picturesque expansive rock walls as backdrop. The venue provides perfect space and ambience for all hacking/making activities. It also offers a complete rejuvenating and relaxing experience for all SHD participants to return with everlasting memories.
How to reach?
Belagavi / Belgaum is directly accessible via National Highway 4. Belgaum is located 500 Kms from Mumbai, 500 Kms from Bangalore, 300 Kms from Pune and 550 Kms to Hyderabad. There are over night buses available from any of these cities and are very comfortable to travel in. You can also take this opportunity to have a road trip since the path to Belgaum from anywhere has cities along the way. Goa is about 130 Kms away from Belgaum and takes 2-3 hours by road.
Belgaum Railway station has the code BGM. There are over night trains from Bangalore and Mumbai.
The airport serving the city of Belgaum is at Sambra, located 10 km from the city on the SH20. Belagavi/Belgaum Airport (IXG) has regular flights connecting Bengaluru, Mumbai, Pune, Hyderabad and Ahmedabad. Air tavel to Belgaum has become affordable thanks to the inclusion of IXG in UDAN-3 scheme.